my rhapsody

my rhapsody

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

are we freaks???

some speak in front of mirrors.. some converse alone with nobody besides them.. some play with their mothers' make ups.. these can be considered as children's playtime... as for me, i used to play alone by myself.. i prefer to take roles of people.. in the layman term, ACTING...


since i was small, i love watching English dramas or films on tv with my family... i observed how the actors and actresses (especially actors:D) were so into their characters.. from a businessman to a lady with a bun in the oven... or even a man who was involved in an accident and was bedridden on a hospital bed... i love to imitate everything i watch in the tv...


in my primary school years, i used to play a role of a career man.. so what did i do?? i took the smallest shirt papa no longer uses as well as his trousers.. i took a tie.. this was the moment i asked papa on how to wear a tie, and now i'm already a pro!!


so, in the small bedroom i once lived in my gammy's house, i created a shooting set of my own... before i started acting and immersing into my character, i needed a name... Daniel, Faris, Faiz, Sam and all kinds of men's names.. name any, i probably had used them in my own 'play'.. i almost forget, the actings were done in front of a big mirror gammy put in the bedroom, so that i could look at my facial expressions...:D


i started the act when i laid on my bed and pretended as though i was sleeping, waiting for the alarm to wake me up for work.. i got up, took a bath and dressed up like i was really going to work, but all of these were pretentious... i pretended to drive a car and with my brief case i went to my office.. the rest was all cut short and i came home again to continue with my routine as a man at home...


the most favourite part i used to play was an injured man or woman... i guess because it is easy, you don't have to change in working clothes or anything.. in my pajama, i laid down, with one pillow under my left leg and another supporting my right arm... i pretended to be so much in pain and with only my imagination, i could visualise visitors coming and said condolences to me.. so we talked and i even pretended as though a nurse came to change my bandage...


i have never once played with mama's make ups... i guess this makes me who i am now.. i just put on some concealer to cover my prominent scars and flaws and then, i just apply some pressed powder.. oh, not to forget, some sheer colour lip balm.. or a very plain lipstick.. you see, i'm that simple... ocassionally, i apply some eye liner and mascara, but only when i feel like wearing them.. or when i'm wearing my contact lenses.. but not with my giant spectacles.. my eye lashes keep on touching the lenses of my specs and i'm not very comfortable with it.. you see, i know people say 'beauty is pain' but i see no point of sacrificing your comfort for the rest of your outing just to be beautiful... i stick to my principle, simple and comfortable..:D


so, after all my embarrasing confessions about how i used to spend my playtime, do you think all of these are symptoms of us being freaks?? i bet most of you have ways to indulge in your playtime.. but above all, i think when we imagine things, we work our minds.. we create unseen figures and i believe, we are being creative.. when we utilise our right brain (of course we use both of our brains.. the left one for most of the academic stuffs) for creative and imaginative things, we could sharpen our thoughts..


so folks, no matter what you do, either talking by yourself in front of mirrors, or conversing alone with unseen figures.. just ignore when people say 'you're a freak!' because i guarantee, they have had their shares of childhood playtime as well..  no harm in being different!!!:D  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fellow buddies